If your flying requirements demand the maximum performance possible for rugged bush-type operations, the following important issues must be considered. Ignore any one of these factors and your mission will fall short.
- Tricycle gear aircraft simply won’t work.
- The airframe and landing gear must be able to withstand severe punishment.
- Good pilot visibility is absolutely essential.
- The aircraft must have excellent directional control at very low speeds.
- Wheels, tires, and brakes must provide excellent ground clearance and braking capabilities.
- The engine and propeller must produce enormous thrust.
Note: The original 5 place model 500 (nicknamed Super Cub on Steroids) was never placed in production because the company effort was redirected to the production of a larger model with more seats. While it is great to have an outstanding big brother like the 650T, requests for the original model 500 have continued from the time it was first shown in Oshkosh. Photos shown in the model 500 information section show testing with the huge 650T wing that will be scaled down to fit the model 500. This new combination should produce an even more outstanding off airport Bush plane.
Website by MyTechGirls.com | Portland, Oregon